Last updated: 16th May 2018
Whenever you access our products or services or interact with us in other ways, Palebeck Telecomms Technology Ltd and its affiliated companies ("Palebeck") collect and use (process) information about you (referred to as your "personal information"). This notice describes how we collect personal information and how we use, share and protect it. It also explains your rights regarding your personal information and how you can contact us.
Since this notice contains important information, we encourage you to read it. Please use the links to access detailed information. If anything is not clear, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
In this privacy notice we describe:
- Who collects your personal information
- Information that we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Other information we collect
- Your rights in respect of your information
- Other important information
Who Collects Your Personal Information
Palebeck Telecomms Technology Ltd in the United Kingdom collects your personal information.
Whenever we refer to "we" or "us" in this notice, we mean Palebeck Telecomms.
Information That We Collect
In order to make some of our services available to you we need to collect and use certain personal information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Some of this information we collect directly from you either in person or via a website, application, or social media. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources.
When we receive personal information about you from different sources, we may combine or link that information. Linking different sources of information enables us to provide a better customer support service when you contact us and to provide you with personalised services, content and marketing.
We collect personal information when you:
- Request information on/or access our products and services
- Create an online account within our portals
- Submit feedback or participate in a survey
- Engage with us via social media
- Take part in a competition, contest or event
- Contact us for assistance
- Submit an application for employment
We collect personal information from you, which might include:
- Name or IP address
- Contact information such as email address, telephone number, address
- Account details for our portals
- Your feedback about our products and services
- Marketing communication and cookie preferences
- Employment history, salary expectations
- Details of your contact with us
- Recordings of any telephone calls
- Profile pictures and social media profile information
We also collect personal information from other sources:
- Publicly available databases.
Note - Recordings of telephone calls
- We record all inbound and outbound calls.
- We do this to enhance and improve our products and services, as well as to ensure that matters around contracts are dealt with correctly.
- We carry this out under the basis of legitimate interests in respect to GDPR.
- Should you wish for a call to not be recorded, please advise the agent at the start of your conversation.
- Your rights around these recordings are the same as those covered in "Your Rights To Your Personal Information" which includes how to request deletion of personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for legitimate business purposes as described further below.
- Providing access to our services
- Providing you with customer service
- Sending you information about our products and services
- Our business purposes
- Personalising our products and services
- Publishing your feedback
- Administering competitions, contests and events
Providing access to our services:
We may use your personal information to provide you with the functionality of our services, such as by arranging access to a registered account. We may also use personal information to send you administrative information, such as changes in our terms, conditions, and policies. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you.
If you contact us, or we contact you, we will use your personal information such as your contact history for the purpose of providing you with assistance, handling enquiries and complaints. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, for our legitimate business reasons.
Sending you information about our products and services:
We may send you information about our products, newsletters, promotions, offers or other information that we think might be of interest to you. We use personal information to send you marketing communications. We will engage in these communications either because we have a legitimate interest or with your consent.
If you decide to opt-out from marketing messages, you may opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of our contractual relationship with you, from which you cannot opt-out.
Our business purposes:
We use the personal information we hold about you to accomplish our business purposes, including:
- To conduct data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our services;
- To conduct audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements;
- To monitor for fraud and security purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks;
- To develop new products and services;
- To consider ways for enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
- To identify usage trends, for example, understanding how parts of our service are used;
- To determine the effectiveness of our campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our services are of most interest to our users.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Personalising our services:
We may analyse personal information collected for business reporting and providing personalised services, including: (i) to analyse or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our services; (ii) to better understand you, so that we can personalise our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests; and (iii) to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our services that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you. We will provide personalised services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Where you have provided feedback of one of our products or services, we may publish this review on the relevant website. This information will be made public so please do not include any information that should be kept confidential. We will publish your feedback with your consent.
Administering competitions, contests and events:
We may conduct prize promotions, contests and other promotional offers. If you participate, we will use your information to administrate such promotions and offers. If you are lucky enough to win, we might ask you for further information so that we can provide your prize. Some of these promotions have additional rules containing information about how we will use and disclose your personal information.
How We Share Personal Information
We share your personal information with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested. We do not share personal information with unaffiliated third parties.
When you share personal information:
Other information we collect
We and our service providers may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual (referred to as "other information"). This may include:
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity;
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
If we are required to treat other information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information detailed in this Policy.
Other information may be collected in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device
- Server log files.
- Environmental variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, OS version, device manufacturer and model, internet browser, and internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most browsers and can be used to optimise your experience on the Website.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies
We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some Website pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, compile aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1) that is ordinarily not visible to Website visitors and may be associated with Cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. When used in HTML-formatted e-mail messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the e-mail has been opened.
Uses And Disclosures Of Other Information
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information. In those instances, we will treat the combined information as personal information while it is combined.
Your Rights To Your Personal Information
You may request to access, correct, or remove your personal information. You also may request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information to transmit it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided by applicable law). In each case, we may require you to prove your identity and/or provide further information in order to identify your information. We will respond to your requests consistent with applicable law.
Subject Access Request
You may ask to see what information we hold about you and to receive an explanation about how we process your data by sending a request to email@example.com
Correcting your personal information
If we hold personal information about you that is incorrect, you have the right to tell us that it is incorrect and ask us to amend it. We will do this consistent with applicable law. If you would like to correct your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Removing your personal information
You may ask us to remove or delete your personal information from our database. If you wish to have your personal information removed from our database, please send an email to email@example.com. Requests will be reviewed in line with contractual requirements.
Other Important Information
We take the security of your information very seriously. This section outlines our technology practices to keep your information protected.
- How we protect your information
- How we retain your information
- International transfers of your information
- Access to services by children
- Third-party services
- Sensitive personal information
How we protect your information
We use various security measures and tools, such as firewalls, to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive personal information.
How we retain your personal information
We retain personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the services);
The likely period that your business would retain a system.
Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
International transfers of your personal information
We may transfer your information to other service providers who may be located outside of the European Union. In these circumstances we take measures to ensure that your information is protected. This includes putting in place contracts with the recipients of your information to ensure that they provide adequate protection for your information, including the Privacy Shield for transfers to the United States.
Access to services by children
Our services are not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals.
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g. social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the services or otherwise to us.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include other sensitive information in your emails to us.
What is a "cookie"?
Cookies are small files which are placed on your computer when you access a website – amongst other things; they help the website user to navigate efficiently between pages and the website operator to track usage of the site. Cookies cannot contain viruses or anything else that might harm your computer.
We use the information collected to analyse trends and improve our site for our customers. Our cookies also enable us to market to individual customers based on their usage.
Can I disable cookies?
Yes, your browser will enable you to disable cookies and further information can be found in the "Help" section of your browser. However, you should note that if you chose to do this, it may have an impact on the quality of your browsing experience.
Cookies used and duration
sc_is_visitor_unique - 5 years
Statcounter - A random ID is generated and stored to avoid counting you as a visitor more than once.
cb-enabled - 1 year
XSRF-TOKEN & XSRF-V - End of session
Help with site security in preventing Cross-Site Request Forgery attacks.